pages

May 5, 2008

Eames Lounge Reupholstery Project

Sometimes I have almost preternatural luck finding the things I want while thrifting - maybe constant obsessing over pieces of furniture sharpens my radar.

Anyway, on Friday after posting about finding a chair to reupholster, I'm out at lunch running errands for work, and on a whim, I decide to check out Sadye & Company in Cambridge. (I've driven by it numerous times and never stopped. It's your basic lower end antique shop - nothing especially remarkable, but the prices are fair.)



Lo and behold, in the back room is sitting a Plycraft Eames knock off! For $50! It needs to be refinished and reupholstered, but all the pieces are there with no structural damage.

I'm SO excited! I'm tracking to ottomans on ebay to go with it, and now comes the fun part - choosing new vinyl!!

I found a great forum post about reupholstering Plycraft and Selig lounge chairs on Design Addict, and am feeling confident that I can get this done. I'll post pics and progress as I go.



Pin It!