pages

June 10, 2008

Lattice Smocking Pillows

I made these 2 lattice smocked pillows for my a birthday gift. I used Ikea pillow inserts and Ikea fabric and made the pillow closure envelope style so she can wash both the pillow and the insert.

The smocking goes pretty fast once you get into the rhythm (and start in the correct place for each row! Grr!) I also used gridded fusible quilter's interface to make the grid easily visible and to avoid using a ruler. I got the directions from Sew News originally - but a reader alerted me that the tutorial is now missing - this one from savyseams.com is just as good!

I think they really came out lovely, and I'm considering opening a new etsy shop for handmade homegoods - these pillows and maybe the hook & eye curtains I made. (maybe I'm being to ambitious here....lazy summer)






Pin It!