pages

April 23, 2009

Bento Bonanza!


I just got my new bento lunch box, and I love it! I got a large size because I bring my breakfast and an afternoon snack as well as lunch, and it works great, and looks cute! It does take a bit of planning in the morning, but I'm happy to stop carrying around a mess of tupperware containers, and to stop washing so many of them all the time.

There are a lot of bento and tiffins out there to choose from, and apparently, quite a bento enthusiast community.


My box is made by Vivo, and comes in many shapes, sizes, and colors, I found the largest selection on Amazon, but they are also sold by other online retailers. Amazon also has a lot of stainless steel tiffins for sale, including the To-Go Ware 3-tier which I really liked, but it was too small for me. I really wanted to get away from plastic (my box is melamine) but I couldn't find one that would work, without having to carry some other container - and I really wanted to just carry the bento box. (And yes - I checked melamine is safe as long as you don't microwave it.)

World Market also has a few tiffins for only $10.


This lunchbox was also a contender, because it looks so snazzy, but the shape wasn't right for me, and I don't need to carry a water bottle.

Check out:

Lunch in a Box great all around bento website
Flickr bento group yummy pics!
Just Bento recipes and methods
Bento Wiki



Pin It!