I've been reading a lot of posts on other blogs lately about handmade and diy weddings, and I wanted to share some of the handmade details from a close friends wedding. She and her husband put a lot of care and thought into their wedding - friends and family all pitched in to create a really personal, memorable wedding.
1. Custom designed letterpress invitations, designed and printed by friends
2. Custom designed name pins in wedding colors, blue for groom and yellow for bride, designating bride or groom party made by a friend
3. Handmade hair pins from SF's Chinatown, for bride and close friends
4. Bride's bouquet made by her mom
5. All of the plates and china was bought second hand, in cute vintage patterns - some sent from friends in Germany, Florida, and San Francisco
6. Centerpieces were made by the bride's mom, in vintage china, flower's from bride's yard and from on site
7. Vegan/seafood dinner was provided by a local non-profit "Food Project"
8. Gifts were at each place setting, vegan donuts in handmade gift bags
9. Napkins were all second hand in vintage patterns
10. Paper globe lights in blue and white were strung over the dance floor
11. The bride made her own custom topper, on top of the vegan cake
12. Vintage typewriter used for guests as a sign-in/message book, and handmade origami table assignments