June 29, 2009

Yes, Another Chair

I couldn't help myself - it was only $4!! I plan on stripping, and refinishing in a dark walnut stain, and doing something fun with the seat (not pictured because the foam was disintegrating and I needed to remove it asap) like a quilted cover, or super colorful fabric. It's a vintage piece, but kind of cheaply made, so I want to do something fun.




I also finished the seats of the 2 danish chairs I've been working on at refinishing class - The bone colored DesignTex vinyl looks great with the richness of the wood. I also used quilters batting instead of foam, and I'm sold - it's cheaper, easier to work with, and has a nicer padded feel - not so springy. We'll see how it holds up. I have 2 more coats of oil, and then I'll post the finished product!




Pin It!