pages

August 20, 2009

Wrap it Up, I'll Take It

I recently had a photo shoot at work, and one of my favorite things is being responsible for making the flower arrangements - the day before I stopped at Winston's Flowers, Russo's and Whole Foods to pick up interesting cut flowers and greens. We keep a stockpile of simple glass vases in various sizes at the office, and I make the arrangements on-site as we go, depending on what we need.

Since the house we shot was a mix of traditional and modern, I wanted to do something different - I brought some twine and used it to wrap around the stems of the taller flowers, and around the vase of the smaller - I think it added some texture and interest.

I hardly ever have flowers in the house, but I do really miss making arrangements - I worked at a florist in college, and I had a lot of fun.





Pin It!