December 11, 2009

Those Thonets!

Waaay back in October I posted about some Thonet chairs I was trying to sell, well after 2 weeks and no nibbles on CL, AT or through the blog, I decided just to store them until I figure out what to do with them. Heck knows, I need NO more chairs in the apt, but they're solid, cute..thonets! So I stuck them in our attic area, delaying the decision about what to do with them.


Well, just yesterday I ran across this photo on Apartment Therapy, which was taken from Country Living magazine, and now I'm super happy I kept them! Don't they look great? (they're the 5 shown without the metal) I don't love their current finish (kind of blah, greenish blond) and was planning on refinishing them in the spring, but now I'm actually excited about it - I'm digging the warm almost orange-y stain in the inspiration pic. And well, I guess I would need to get some kind of fabulous farm table, too!


I can't say how lucky I am to have an apt with storage space, because I find my tastes can be fickle, and it's a real luxury to be able to change things up with "reserve" furniture!



Pin It!