February 28, 2011

What's Happening Here?

This is my new leather, reclining chair - which if you've been reading this blog or looking at my flickr account - would seem rather incongruous with the kind of style I've been trying to achieve in my apartment. It's not mod, modern, mid cen, or even (yuck) contemporary, it's traditional, and quite possibly THE MOST COMFORTABLE CHAIR I'VE EVER SAT IN, which is why I'm going to make this work. Yes, me, vintage mid-century me is in love with a traditional leather recliner.

In my defense, this is a gift from my mother who received it from a friend of hers with impeccable taste, and this thing is quality, aged red-brown leather with a beautiful patina and solid construction. Someone at one point paid a lot for it, and it's gonna last me forever. I still have my beloved Selig lounge, which is now where my small, cute but uncomfortable wood chair was. Now everyone gets a comfortable seat!

It works, right? right? surprisingly eclectic? classy-weird?



Pin It!