pages

March 30, 2011

Thrift & Riff: String Theories

I've been happily finding these balls of thread and twine at the thrift store recently, and I love the texture and colors, but I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet!

I especially love the Speed-Cro-Sheen label, super design - whoosh! Sadly, Coats & Clark doesn't make this stuff anymore.


 Perhaps a giant ball of string?

"Marcia coated a giant ball of string with polyurethane to keep her cats from playing with it."

This image is from Country Living's "How to get the look" about Marcia Nelson's home.  She only incorporates items into her home that are white, brown, black, and silver. EVERYTHING. I admire her dedication, but I don't think I have the stamina to stick to such a narrow palette. She has a really interesting collection of stuff - you should check it out!



Pin It!