May 3, 2011

Sriracha Beer Bread

Okay, so RJW is in no way a food blog, but once in a while I like to share my (rare) cooking successes! After spotting this post on the ReadyMade blog about a Sriracha Cookbook with the recipe for Cheddar-Sriracha Swirl Bread - I needed to try it. Spicy bread!



However, I am too lazy and impatient to actually go through the proper bread making process, so much waiting, resting, kneading - too many steps! Enter my trusty Beer Bread recipe, and HELLO - Sriracha Swirl Beer Bread! E.A.S.Y.



Basic Beer Bread:
3 cups flour
1 ts salt
1 TB sugar
1 TB baking powder
12 oz. room temperature beer

Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, add warm beer and stir until its a sticky dough. Grease a 9" loaf pan and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour. Transfer to wire rack to cool.

To make the Sriracha/Cheese Swirl - spread/shape the dough out on a floured surface into a rough 9" square. Squirt on enough Sriracha for a light coat, spread with brush or spoon and top with cheese (amounts are according to your taste - I just winged it) and roll into a log before putting into the loaf pan.

This came out really yummy and very spicy! I used a very light beer so it would be closer to a white bread without any noticeable beer taste. Dark beers make much more "beery" bread. I also make an awesome apple cinnamon version in the fall.



Pin It!