pages

June 29, 2011

Baby Shower Invitation

Two of my close friends will be welcoming their firstborn into the world this fall, and I'm happy to be organizing their baby party - they're throwing a co-ed lunch in the backyard. I've been busy with other craft projects for the event, but I don't want to ruin the surprise, so I promise plenty of pics and a tutorial (Ooo!) afterwards.

Here's the design I made for the invitation in Illustrator:


And here's the Gocco printed version:


I love my Gocco, but this was a tough project! I had plenty of supplies except for bulbs. Based on info gathered from searching the internet, it was suggested that using #5 or #5B flashbulbs would work as well as Gooco brand bulbs. I ordered some of both from ebay, and I'm not convinced they work as well. I used the blue filter, and properly prepared my masters, but the screen came out pretty clogged - resulting in a more, shall we say... "textured" print. Overall they came out pretty cute, but I need to get the proper bulbs next time.



Pin It!