November 14, 2011

Weekend at the Lake

Last weekend I headed home to visit my dad who has a small house on Sacandaga Lake - I hadn't seen my dad in a while and it was nice to get out of Boston. Plus my dad cooks amazing mega-calorie breakfasts!

We took a small hike to Tennant Falls outside of Northville, NY. It was a perfect hike day - not too cold and only one other group on the trail!



Bigger in person! I swear!

It was almost a full moon Saturday night, and the moonlight was so beautiful on the lake - this pic doesn't quite capture it, but I tried. So many stars......


We also had dinner at this amazing little restaurant "Dick & Peg's Northward Inn" outside of Gloversville, NY - every square inch is covered with antiques, memorabilia, junk, lights, photos, etc. My dark iphone photos don't do it any justice - it's truly amazing.  It's like having dinner in the middle of a cozy flea market. (Not in that fake/cheesy TGI Friday's kind of way - this place has been there for 40+ years, so it's authentically covered in crap)

They also had a pianist come in to play during dinner! Our meal was great too, so it's our new favorite place for dinner. I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area:


Dick & Peg's Northward Inn
(518) 725-6440
2260 State Hwy 29A
Gloversville, NY 12078










Pin It!