pages

January 20, 2012

Eames Chair Bases

So I've been very busy trying to get arrows done and in the shop prior to this Sunday's secret awesome thing that I think is happening, and I have not really had time to think about the blog!

I have however been wasting time here and there on Pinterest, and I stumbled on this sumptuous leather version of an Eames shell chair.....

Source: Pinterest and bookofjoe

...which reminded me of this post over on Rearranged Design about Modern Conscience, a Seattle based company that makes a variety of reproduction bases for shell chairs! Their bases are made to fit both wide and narrow mounts, and they are committed to sustainable practices and American made materials. The prices are also very reasonable!






Images from Modern Conscience

..Which in turn made me think that maybe my two shell chairs could use some freshening up! They both have the zinc H-bases, which are nice - but kind of boring. New bases might also encourage me to move them from their hiding spots around the apartment. Right now they're in those random places that you stick furniture you don't know what to do with - banishment corners.

My two chairs before banishment




Pin It!