pages

March 12, 2012

Thrift Store Reviews: Savers/Sister Thrift

A while back a commenter asked me about which thrift stores I haunted, and I have to admit I was initially like, no way! mine mine mine! Thinking about it though, none of these places are secret anyway, a little google-ing would turn them all up, and there's enough second hand crap around for all of us.....

SO. This is the first post in a series (maybe) which I'll give you my experiences and opinions about the thrift stores I visit. You may have very different experiences and opinions, but whatever, put 'em on your own blog.


Savers (1230 VFW Pkwy, West Roxbury, MA)
Ratio of visits to awesome vintage/designer finds: 3/10
Ratio of visits to useful everyday items: 7/10
Prices ($, $$, $$$): $$$

General: Fairly clean, well organized and stock rotates a lot. Can get crowded on weekends, and prices can be bafflingly high on some items. Lots of clothes, nicely organized by size. Good book selection.


Sister Thrift (370 Pleasant Street, Watertown, MA)
Ratio of visits to awesome vintage/designer finds: 1/10
Ratio of visits to useful everyday items: 4/10
Prices ($, $$, $$$): $

General: Fairly clean, nice staff, loosely organized, very small and tight aisles - but great prices!



Pin It!