pages

January 11, 2013

Popcorn, I love thee

I'm currently OBSESSED with popcorn right now, and after using this Martha recipe for Chili Lime Popcorn for a party, I wanted to come up with a way to bottle the yumminess!

I started by zesting and juicing four limes, setting the zest aside on a cookie sheet to dry, then I made a slurry of the lime juice and salt, adding roughly a cup of kosher flake salt to the lime juice until I had a thick slurry - thick enough to spread out on a cookie sheet. I left it to dry for a few days, and finished it off with 10 minutes in a 250 degree oven just to be sure it was really dry. Next I whizzed the dried salt and zest in the food processor to blend and make the salt finer.

Final step was to mix equal parts lime salt, cumin and chili powder and put in jars!!


I also can't say enough about this other flavored popcorn recipe I found - Sriracha Popcorn!! Posted on the Bake Your Day blog - it is HEAVEN!!! Just really, really good.  My next project is to find a way to make a sprinkle version of this!





Pin It!