Anyway, I made these three adorable cotton bow ties for a dear friend's birthday. Based on the excellent (and free!) David pattern from BurdaStyle, with a few modifications, they came out great!
Since I didn't know my friend's exact neck size I wanted and adjustable tie, but I couldn't find the exact hardware the pattern called for, so I used Vest Buckles which worked out just fine and were easy to sew on. I also only interfaced the bow section of the tie, not the neck piece which made them much easier to turn inside out and I figured that portion was under the shirt collar anyway.
(Sorry for the crappy phone pics!)