February 19, 2013

Bow Ties!

You'd think by now I'd be an ace at documenting my little projects for this blog, but sometimes I'm too focused on what I'm doing and forget to take cute pictures and am forced to take iphone snaps in a restaurant under poor lighting. when will I learn?

Anyway, I made these three adorable cotton bow ties for a dear friend's birthday. Based on the excellent (and free!) David pattern from BurdaStyle, with a few modifications, they came out great!

Since I didn't know my friend's exact neck size I wanted and adjustable tie, but I couldn't find the exact hardware the pattern called for, so I used Vest Buckles which worked out just fine and were easy to sew on. I also only interfaced the bow section of the tie, not the neck piece which made them much easier to turn inside out and I figured that portion was under the shirt collar anyway.

(Sorry for the crappy phone pics!)









Pin It!